Weed brownies are an all-time classic edible. These natural, healthy edibles are both delicious and easy to eat. Not to mention they’re pleasing to just about every part of your body before (smelling them cook), during (tasting them), and after (feeling the effects).
Are you already salivating? Let’s dive into the best weed brownie recipe.
A Word on Cannabis-infused Butter (Cannabutter)
The essential building block to almost any edible, particularly if it’s sweet, is cannabutter. This recipe won’t go into the specifics of how to make this, as we covered it previously. If you want a refresher have a look at the recipe here.
Gather Your Ingredients
A well-organized kitchen makes for an easy working space. Step one should always be gathering all the ingredients together so you aren’t scrambling to find them while neglecting a part of the process. Here are the consumables you’ll need for this recipe to make a quarter-sized baking tray’s worth:
- Four eggs (these can be subbed with flax eggs for vegans)
- 150 mL cannabutter (melted)
- 470 mL sugar
- 355 mL flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tsp salt
- 230 mL chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Icing (optional)
Baking Natural, Healthy Edibles
- Heat up cannabutter in a saucepan on low to medium heat to melt the cannabis-infused butter.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Line the quarter metal baking tray with foil, leaving a five cm overhang. Coat foil with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, combine and blend sugar, cocoa, 2 tsp water, vanilla, baking powder, and salt, and immediately add hot, melted cannabutter. Let this sit until the mixture is cooled to room temperature.
- Beat eggs until smooth. This usually takes about 10 minutes. Then add the eggs into the bowl with the mixture. Ensure you stir this while gradually adding the eggs to blend well. After this step, you add the flour and the nuts (if you choose to do so).
- Take the batter to the prepared baking tray and pour it in.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the brownie’s edges start to pull away from the edge of the tray. You can also test them with a toothpick to check to be sure the center is cooked all the way through.
- Transfer baked brownies to a wire rack to cool.
- While hot, spread icing over the brownies if you choose to do so. Pre-made or homemade icing works, and you can find various recipes online for this. We prefer them without icing, which makes them less sticky for travel.
How Strong are the Brownies?
The cannabutter will determine the potency. This really depends on the quantity and type of shake used in the butter. With that said, it’s best to make one batch and try it out before you become too committed.
When you try the brownies, make sure you take it slow. Edibles tend to be slower acting but have longer-lasting effects. You don’t want to get in over your head, so only eat a little at a time and wait for the brownies to take full effect before reaching for more.
Haven’t Mastered Baking?
If all of this seems too intimidating, then fear not: Many people still enjoy brownies and other pastries that aren’t homemade.
Sure, there is something special about eating your labor of love. That smell of your own natural, healthy edibles can be hard to beat. But, if you’re short on time or more of a “shoe chef” than a sous chef, ordering edibles instead of making them is a good option, too.